We are a research group in the Pathology and Laboratory Medicine and Human Genetics Departments in the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA. We are also affiliated with the Bioinformatics and Genetics and Genomics graduate programs, and the Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center at UCLA. We develop computational and statistical methods to understand the genetic basis of complex traits and diseases. We focus on methods for integrative genomics, fine-mapping and heritability. See our research projects and publications.
- Congratulations to Megan Roytman for her paper “Methods for fine-mapping with chromatin and expression data.” which was accepted in PLOS Genetics!
- Congratulations to Huwenbo Shi et al. for their paper Local Genetic Correlation Gives Insights into the Shared Genetic Architecture of Complex Traits published in The American Journal of Human Genetics!
- Congratulations to Valerie for winning the NIH Director’s Early Independence Award!
- Congratulations to Malika for winning the Stephen D. Cederbaum ASHG Abstract Travel Award 2017!
- Congratulations to Ruthie and Page for winning the UCLA Dean’s Prize for Excellence at the undergraduate Research Poster Day 2017!
- Integration of ENCODE functional data with GWAS for fine-mapping (Kichaev et al., PLoS Genet. 2014; Kichaev et al., Am J Hum Genet. 2015) or to understand risk of complex traits (Gusev et al., Nat Comm. 2016).
- Large-scale sequencing to quantify the contribution of rare variation to complex traits: Mancuso et al., Nat Genet. 2015.
- Integration of eQTL and GWAS to find risk genes for complex traits: Gusev et al., Nat Genet. 2016.
- Fixed-effects models to understand polygenic architecture of complex traits: Shi et al., Am J Hum Genet. 2016.
- Methods for spatial ancestry inference: Yang et al., JCB 2015; Yang et al., G3 2014; Baran et al., Am J Hum Genet. 2013.
- Local genetic correlation gives insights into the shared genetic architecture of complex traits.
Shi H, Mancuso N, Spendlove S, Pasaniuc B. Am J Hum Genet. 2017.
- A Bayesian Framework for Multiple Trait Colocalization from Summary Association Statistics.
Giambartolomei C, Liu JZ, Zhang W, Hauberg M, Shi H, Boocock J, Pickrell J, Jaffe AE, CommonMind Consortium, Pasaniuc B, Roussos P. BioRXiv Oct 2017.
- We are recruiting talented postdocs/students. See here or email Bogdan.