We are a research group in the Pathology and Laboratory Medicine and Human Genetics Depts. in the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA that does research in computational genetics and bioinformatics. We are also affiliated with the interdepartmental Bioinformatics program and the Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center at UCLA
We are interested in developing computational and statistical methods for understanding the genetic architecture of common human diseases. We are particularly interested in methods that leverage the genetic diversity across and within populations for large scale studies. For more details please see our research projects and publications.
- Our work on estimating the contribution of rare variants to prostate cancer risk is in press at Nature Genetics. Preprint available here.
- Sasha is awarded the ASHG/Charles J. Epstein Trainee Awards for Excellence in Human Genetics Research! Read our manuscript here.
- Farhad’s manuscript on finding causal genes wins best student paper at ISMB 2015!
- We released PAINTOR 2.0! New features include multi-ethnic fine-mapping with ENCODE/ROADMAP functional data. Manuscript online at The American Journal of Human Genetics [Nature Genetics highlight] [ PAINTOR 1.0 paper].
- We are recruiting talented postdocs/students. See here or email Bogdan.