We are a research group within the Institute for Molecular Medicine (IMED) in the Dept. of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine and Human Genetics in the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA that does research in computational genetics and bioinformatics. We are also affiliated with the interdepartmental Bioinformatics program and the Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center at UCLA
We are interested in developing computational and statistical methods for understanding the genetic architecture of common human diseases. We are particularly interested in methods that leverage the genetic diversity across and within populations for large scale studies. For more details please see our research projects and publications.
- Bogdan will give a talk in the “Cross-Discipline Fertilization: Adding Value to Large Genomic Epidemiology Studies” workshop, 2014 AACR Annual Meeting, San Diego, April 5, 2014.
- Wen-Yun will give a talk on “A Spatial-Aware Haplotype Copying Model with Applications to Genotype Imputation.”, RECOMB 2014, Pittsburg, April 2-5, 2014.
- Congratulations to Gleb for joining the Bioinformatics PhD program!
- Congratulations to Dr. Wen-Yun Yang for successfully defending his PhD thesis!
- Bogdan is the recipient of a STOP CANCER 2014 I.C.O.N. Seed Grant. Thank you STOP CANCER for funding our research!
- Please see here how to run GATK to obtain likelihoods at all 1000G sites as in our 2012 low-coverage GWAS paper (thanks to Marcus and ebanks).
- Software for imputation from summary association statistics is available for download. We also provide imputed association statistics for 4 lipids phenotypes analyzed by Teslovich et al.
- New version of the LAMP-LD local ancestry inference software v1.1 package containing bug fixes and improvements can be downloaded here
- We are recruiting talented postdocs/students interested in developing computational and statistical methods for medical genetics! See here how to apply.