We are a research group in the Pathology and Laboratory Medicine and Human Genetics Depts. in the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA that does research in computational genetics and bioinformatics. We are also affiliated with the interdepartmental Bioinformatics program and the Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center at UCLA
We are interested in developing computational and statistical methods for understanding the genetic architecture of common human diseases. We are particularly interested in methods that leverage the genetic diversity across and within populations for large scale studies. For more details please see our research projects and publications.
- Farhad’s manuscript on finding causal genes wins best student paper at ISMB 2015!
- We welcome Megan McGhie and Chris Kuo who join our group for the summer as undergraduate researchers part of the Bruins in Genomics program.
- Our manuscript on modeling haplotypes using the multi-variate Bernoulli is online at Bioinformatics.
- We released PAINTOR 2.0! New features include multi-ethnic fine-mapping with ENCODE/ROADMAP functional data. Manuscript online at American Journal of Human Genetics [Nature Genetics highlight] [ PAINTOR 1.0 paper].
- We are recruiting talented postdocs/students. See here or email Bogdan.