We are a research group in the Pathology and Laboratory Medicine and Human Genetics Departments in the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA. We are also affiliated with the Bioinformatics, Genetics and Genomics and the Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center at UCLA. We develop computational and statistical methods to understand the genetic basis of complex traits and diseases. We focus on methods for integrative genomics, fine-mapping and heritability. See our research projects and publications.
- Congratulations Ruthie and Page for winning the UCLA Dean’s Prize for Excellence at the undergraduate Research Poster Day 2017!
- Congratulations Rob for successfully defending his PhD thesis! Rob will be continuing his career as postdoc with S. Sankararaman and E. Eskin!
- Congratulations Gleb for winning the Cotterman award for the best trainee paper in AJHG 2015! Read the paper here
- Tutorial and Gene expression weights for running TWAS are available here.
- We released PAINTOR 3.0. Paper at Bioinformatics. [ PAINTOR 2.0 paper] [Nat Genet highlight] [ PAINTOR 1.0 paper].
- Integration of ENCODE functional data with GWAS for fine-mapping (Kichaev et al PLoS Genet 2014, Kichaev et al Am J Hum Genet. 2015) or to understand risk of complex traits (Gusev et al Nat Comm 2016).
- Large-scale sequencing to quantify the contribution of rare variation to complex traits: Mancuso et al Nat Genet 2015.
- Integration of eQTL and GWAS to find risk genes for complex traits: Gusev et al Nat Genet 2016.
- Fixed-effects models to understand polygenic architecture of complex traits: Shi et al AJHG 2016.
- Methods for spatial ancestry inference: Yang et al JCB 2015, Yang et al G3 2014, and Baran et al AJHG 2013.
- We are recruiting talented postdocs/students. See here or email Bogdan.